Stiff's Chapel School
The community of Stiff Chapel was located about seven miles northeast of McKinney and east of present-day Melissa. It was was east of Squeezepenny and northwest of Altoga. In 1856 land was donated for a school. The Stiff Chapel School was Collin County School District #27. The Altoga Baptist Church was organized May 14, 1892 at the Stiff Chapel Schoolhouse.