Shiloh Baptist Church - Wylie
This was once the community of Eureka. It was where the East Fork and Eureka Lake came together. William Marshall Lee operated a ferry across the East Fork on Eureka Lake. The first toll road was Lee's Toll Road, which went from Rockwall to Clarksville. Toll was 10¢ for a man on a horse and 25¢ for a 2-horse vehicle. In its hey-day Eureka had Methodist and Baptist church services, as well as rowdy brawls in the saloon. A road was built from Eureka to Wylie that was made of large stones. The name became Touchstone Road. The cemetery was part of Shiloh Baptist Church, which was started in 1890. In 1960, the church moved to Brown Street in Wylie. The cemetery has been neglected since the move. The deed for the church is listed in Vol 99, p 258. The cemetery is not mentioned. The church was in the approximate location of the trailer house. When the church moved, they quit paying taxes on the property. Descendants of the previous owners reclaimed the land and sold the church portion.