Hood House - Plano
Located at 15th Street and Ave. M in Plano.
Charles E. Hood served Plano as City Councilman from 1923 - 1932. The entire Hood Family was influential in the early days of Plano. Brothers Charlie and Nick Hood organized the first baseball team for Plano. Charlie and sister Martilla founded the Plano Mutual Cemetery Association and Charlie helped organize the first Old Settlers Reunion Picnic. Anna Hood Chaddick was one of several ladies to found the "05 Club where Plano women gathered to study the Bay View Magazine and other literary works.
December 5, 1996, the day of our designation ceremony, marks the 104th anniversary since the Hood Family acquired the land and built the Hood House.
Plano historical marker, 1996