Aston Building - Farmersville
The Aston Building in Farmersville is on the National Register of Historic Places. It was built by J. A. Aston and his brother using local stone. The building has had numerous uses over the years.
The masonry, two-story commercial building constructed for W.S. Aston in 1888 is one of
the most distinctive structures in the business district of Farmersville. The street facade makes handsome
use of massive blocks of limestone, and is topped off by its original tin cornice. W.S. Aston was a locally
prominent merchant, operating his retail store from this building. He also served as a director of the First
National Bank. The building was built by W.S. Flynn, a contractor from Honey Grove, who evidently had a
thorough understanding of stone detailing, as evidenced by the three arches that divide the ground floor into three bays. The structure bears a very strong resemblance to the nearby Times Building, also
constructed in 1888. The building was totally rehabilitated by Bob Heath in 2007.
The Aston building is on the National Register of Historic Places.