Frankford - Dallas, southwest corner of Collin County
The early Collin County community of Frankford, located at the Collin/Dallas county line, was a watering stop on the Shawnee Trail. The post office opened on May 11, 1880 with Samuel T. Hammond at postmaster. It was continued on May 14, 1904. All that remains of the community are the Frankford Cemetery and the Frankford Church building. The interior of the church building was recently refurbished. Virgin prairie has been discovered around the church building and is being reclaimed. The perpetual spring that was capped sometime in the past has been uncovered and is flowing. The Frankford Cemetery Association looks over the property.