Chambliss - northeast of Melissa
The community of Chambliss, located about fives miles northeast of Melissa, was named for Dr. J. J. Chambliss, who lived and practiced medicine in the area. The area was formerly known as Stony Point. The Chambliss post office opened on November 17, 1898, with James L. Davis as postmaster. It closed on September 15, 1903.