Fitzhugh Mills - Lucas
Fitzhugh Mills was a very early Collin County community. It was started when the Fitzhugh family settled in the area east of present-day Lucas in the 1850s. It was the site of an Indian village prior to that. The land for the Fitzhugh Cemetery was donated by the family and one of its first burials was Gabriel Fitzhugh in 1855. Fitzhugh Mills had a saw mill and a grist mill. Both were highly valued in the developing county.