Aleo - Nevada
There was once a community located north of present-day Nevada near the Central National Road of the Republic of Texas that contained Prairie Grove Baptist Church and Prairie Grove School. It also had a Methodist Episcopal Church South and a post office, a gin, a drug store and a small store. Lemuel C. Smith was appointed the first post master on April 13, 1895. The post office was discontinued on February 15, 1899, with the mail sent to Farmersville.