Ashburn General Hospital - McKinney
Ashburn General Hospital was a military hospital that was opened in McKinney in 1943. There was a small POW camp at the hospital. The prisoners were used to maintain the grounds. When World War II ended, the facility became a Veteran's Hospital. Ashburn Hospital was scheduled to close when the Dallas Veteran's Hospital opened. It got an extension to stay open another decade. The McKinney Veteran's Hospital closed in 1965. The facility is used today by the Job Corps.