Chambersville Methodist Church - McKinney
Established in 1905, Chambersville
Methodist Church has served this
community for more than 100 years.
From Chambersville's founding in 1847
until the church's organization,
residents attended non-
denominational services in various
locations. J. M. Bryan deeded property
for the church, which was to be
located across from the community
school. Members first met at a white
frame building they constructed.
Since that time, the congregation has
been active in community affairs. Their
Harvest Festival, begun in 1945, has
become a Chambersville tradition.
Members built a new structure in 1948.
Today, Chambersville Methodist Church
continues to be a beacon of light in
Texas Historical Marker 2009