WILLIAM D. BROWN DIED AT NEW HOPE
Newspaper, Nov. 20, 1920 .
Wm. Dave Brown, age 65 years, died at his home in the New Hope Community, a few miles east of McKinney, at 2:30 o’clock Friday afternoon as a result of a stroke of paralysis several days ago.
Deceased was born in Kentucky but his parents moved to Texas when he was only 11 months of age, where he had since resided. He had been a member of the Christian church for thirty-six years. On March 15, 187? Mr. Brown was married to Miss Mannie Kindle, a sister of W. B. Kindle of this city. Deceased had resided in the New Hope community for many years where he was engaged in farming. He is survived by his widow and five children: Mrs. Tom Lewis, McKinney; Mrs. John Bates, McKinney; Mrs. Ben Davis of Richardson; Dave Brown of Altadena, Calif.; and Jesse Brown of the New Hope community....
WILLIAM DAVID BROWN, SR.
Family Group Sheet.
William David Brown, Sr. b. 1855 Kentucky d. 20 Nov 1920 buried Wilson Chapel Cemetery, Collin
married 15, Mar 1877 McKinney, TX
Amanda Kindle b. 2 Feb 1853 Bonham, TX d. 17 Jul 1945 New Hope, TX buried Wilson Chapel
Cemetery, Collin County, TX
1. William David Brown b. 1 Apr 1878 McKinney, TX d. 10 Dec. 1955 Los Angeles, CA
2. Lulla Brown
3. Lilla Brown
4. Jess Brown
5. [obituary above says there were five children]
WILLIAM DAVID BROWN
Family Group Sheet.
William David Brown b. 1 Apr 1878 McKinney, TX d. 10 Dec 1955 Los Angeles, CA buried Mountain View
Cemetery, Altadena, CA father William David Brown, Sr. mother Amanda Kindle
married 3 Mar 1900 in McKinney, TX
Sarah Emma Casey b. 1880 Springfield, MO d. 6 Jul 1964 Los Angeles, CA buried Mountain View
Cemetery, Altadena, CA father Ben Casey mother Rebecca Rogers
1. Opal Ruth Brown b. 1903 McKinney, TX d. 4 Apr 1974 Dallas, TX buried McKinney, TX
married 18 Jan 1918 Rhea Mills, TX Joseph Hershel Pistole
2. Willa Mae Brown b. 29 Jan 1909 McKinney, TX d. 1989 Mission Viejo, CA
married John Dahlberg
3. Francis Gordon Brown b. 1912 d. 1961 Fullerton, CA
married Opal Greer
4. Willard Nelson Brown b. 1913 McKinney, TX d. 15 Nov 1941 buried Mountain View Cemetery,