Orchard Gap Primitive Baptist Church - Allen
Many of the early schools were formed near churches. In 1853 the Orchard Gap Primitive Baptist Church was founded near the present-day corner of Country Club Road/FM 1378 and White Rock Trail in Lucas.
In 1854 the Pilot Grove Primitive Baptist Association met at the Shiloh Church, Hunt County, Texas, on September 2, 3 and 4. Representatives from the Orchard Gap Church in Collin County were W.S. Fisher, George Fitzhugh and P. F. Lucas.