Shepton - Plano
Shepton is located in present-day Plano on the west side of Preston Road near Park Blvd. Shepton was named for J. W. Shephard, who had a farm and store in the area. The Shepton post office opened December 27, 1894 with John L. Huffman as postmaster. It was discontinued on November 14, 1903. There is a Shepton School in that area.