Harvey L. Davis House - McKinney
Located at 705 North College Street and Lela in McKinney. This house is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Built between 1897 and 1908 for the family of
Judge Harvey Louis “H.L.” (1861-1956) and Emma (Umphrees) Davis (d. 1949), this Transitional
style residence features Prairie-style
influences with a Sullivanesque frieze and
Classical detailing with fluted Corinthian
porch columns. With two Collin County
judges, a District Attorney, County
Commissioner, Postmaster and school
teacher, the Davis family served a cumulative
total of 95 years of Public Service in Collin
County. Family members lived here for three generations – 91 years.
Texas Historical marker, 2002