Whiteley School
Whiteley School
West side of Herndon Branch
3 ½ miles southwest of McKinney
McKinney, Texas
The school was built about 1856 on Mr. Whiteley’s land on the west side of a branch. It was located about three and one-half miles southwest of McKinney near the Collin County Poor Farm. The school was a log cabin with puncheon floors and 14 feet square. The first teacher was William Elkins. It was named for a Mr. Whiteley.
Information was not available for when the school closed.
West side of Herndon Branch
3 ½ miles southwest of McKinney
McKinney, Texas
The school was built about 1856 on Mr. Whiteley’s land on the west side of a branch. It was located about three and one-half miles southwest of McKinney near the Collin County Poor Farm. The school was a log cabin with puncheon floors and 14 feet square. The first teacher was William Elkins. It was named for a Mr. Whiteley.
Information was not available for when the school closed.